Charlotte Werndl (Deputy Head of Department)
Copyright © Salzburger Nachrichten
Office: Room 1.06
- Since 09.2014: Full Professor at the Department of Philosophy (KGW),University of Salzburg.
- Since 09.2014: Visiting Professor at the Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method, London School of Economics.
- Since 01.04.2011: Research Associate of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics.
- 01.09.2013–01.09.2014: Associate Professor in Philosophy at the Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method, London Schoolof Economics.
- 01.09.2010–01.09.2013: Lecturer in Philosophy at the the Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method, London School of Economics.
- 10.2009–09.09.2010: Junior Research Fellow in Philosophy at The Queen's College, University of Oxford.09.2006-04.
- 2010: PhD in Philosophy, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Cambridge
- 10.2000–08.2006: Master and Bachelor in Mathematics, Master and Bachelor in Philosophy, University of Salzburg.
Research and Teaching Interests
- General philosophy of science
- philosophy of climate science
- evidence and philosophy of statistics
- philosophy of physics
- philosophy of mathematics
- philosophy of biology
- formal epistemology
- Deputy Head of Department
- Member of the Curricula Commission
- Mobility Coordinator
- Director of the Salzburg-Irvine-Exchange Program
- Member of the Management Committee, Gesellschaft fuer Analytische Philosophie (GAP)
- Member of the Nominations Committee European Society for Philosophy of Science
- Assessor, International Union of History and Philosophy of Science, Division of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science
- 01.07.2011-01.07.2018 Management Committee Member, Centre for the Philosophy of Natural and Social Science (CPNSS), London School of Economics
- 01.09.2011-01.09.2014 Committee Member, British Society for the Philosophy of Science
- 01.07.2011-01.07.2014 Steering Committee Member, Centre for the Philosophy of Natural and Social Science (CPNSS), London School of Economics.
- Editor, Review of Symbolic Logic.
- Associate Editor, Philosophy of Science.
- Editorial Board Member, Grazer Philosophische Studien
- June 2012-May 2016: Associate Editor, European Journal for the Philosophy of Science
- 2014 Philosophy of Science Association (PSA)meeting in Chicago
- 2014 Interdisciplinary Symposium on Complex Systems
- Fourth Conference of the European Philosophy of Science Association (EPSA 2013 in Helsinki)
- 17th UK and European Meeting on the Foundations of Physics (at LMU Munich)
- Fifth Sydney-Tilburg Conference on the Philosophy of Science "The Progress of Science"
- British Society for the Philosophy of Science Annual Conference 2012, 2013, 2014
- 18th UK and European Meeting on the Foundations of Physics, London
- MuST, Evidence, Risk and Inference 2016, MCMP Munich